Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Naturally, seismology provides the answer.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.

user:
pass:
register,


                       

loving the ugly part

Find a person to love the parts you don't like so you can love their's.
  (+3)
(+3)
  [vote for,
against]

This would be an online dating site where participants post pictures, media encapsulating parts of themselves they are not happy with. Since there is a very large pool to access, there is an adequate probability of finding someone that will love that part of you therefore helping you love yourself to completeness (relative to changing a life).

Yes, I know, a whole lot of genital pics and that can be an incorporated section for that level. But mainly, I am thinking nose too big, earlobes too stubby, hair too curly, that sort of thing. People could even go less physical and have a laugh sample or media representing a behaviour. A photo of your mouth with crumbs and an empty cake plate. How the media type is constructed will be a set former of the possible matches.

Now your loathed asset, can be your best.

Disclosure: Profiles will be sent to the police, if more than two matches die of suspicious circumstances.

wjt, Aug 11 2019

Underdoze (in Hebrew) funny skit talking about a potential date https://www.youtube...watch?v=xZProF9u40A
She's beatiful. Everybody turns their eyes after her. Her hair is blonde with stunning green eyes. -Sounds great. -OK I'll give you her number. -Wait, not that its so important but how is her character? -Well... [pashute, Aug 13 2019]

[link]






       Or just get married. The ugly parts have such a way of spilling out eventually.
blissmiss, Aug 11 2019
  

       I just noticed the dating category is a subcategory of other, rather than culture or public. I wonder why.   

       Anyway, this is asking people to share their insecurities as a means of promoting themselves. I'm sure that will have some interesting effects. One might be that the site's population would be skewed toward people who are less insecure.
notexactly, Aug 12 2019
  

       Every being wants to think that others are like themselves and therefore they themselves are 'normal'. From infancy people determine one quirk at a time that they are or are not 'normal'.
When you determine that normalcy isn't your gig it takes time to reach the fuck-it stage where you either force anyone around you to accept you the way you are or you cave-in and conform.
  

       Before they reach that point nobody wants to broadcast their own particular freakitude.   

       [blissmiss] Ah, how beauty changes with life.   

       [notexactly] All the better for those less secure.   

       [2 fries] Societies generalised norms are going to decide if an individuals quirk is beneficial or unwanted. People are going to do it hard if society puts them outside the embrace/wall. An intelligent society would work out where people would gain the most out of life for the society as a whole.   

       Even just expressing and thinking about parts of the self in new and novel ways has to be for the betterment of self. Better selves, better humanity.
wjt, Aug 12 2019
  

       //An intelligent society would work out where people would gain the most out of life for the society as a whole.//   

       Guess I'm going to have to make me one of them then because that sure isn't what we've got.
  

       On the slow path, mate. I 'm guessing we won't see it, though. But, the conceptual ideal is enough for me.
wjt, Aug 13 2019
  

       The ugly parts that ruin relationships are all on the inside.
Voice, Aug 13 2019
  

       //this is asking people to share their insecurities as a means of promoting themselves.//   

       Everyone will pick something, say, a perfectly normal elbow and pretend they're ashamed of it so they don't have to really admit anything.   

       /Societies generalised norms are going to decide if an individuals quirk is beneficial or unwanted.//   

       I've gone for an 80/20 solution. I let people see 80% of me, knowing they would shun me for the rest. I guess that makes me 20% immoral.
Voice, Aug 13 2019
  

       So, find someone who loves your guts as the inverse to hating your guts.
AusCan531, Aug 13 2019
  

       [AusCan]Yes, It's a big ocean of personality.   

       [Voice] True, this will have to take honesty. Risk has the chance of both failure and reward. You could put forward something you only 20% loath to dip the hairy toe in the water.
wjt, Aug 14 2019
  
      
[annotate]
  


 

back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle