Food: Packaging: Tube
Custard Injector   (+1, -1)  [vote for, against]
For ameteur croissant-bakers.

A cartridge filled with custard similar to that of caulk cartridges would be made available at HalfMart or any other fine store. You would load the cartridge into either a regular caulking gun found at any fine hardware store, or the pneumatic automatic measuring custard injector. In the process of making croissants, one would take the croissants from the oven, let them cool, and inject the custard by piercing the outer shell of the croissant and injecting the custard.
-- BinaryCookies, Sep 07 2002

One take (sort of . . .)
I guess this'd be of the "pneumatic automatic " ilk, but it accepts ISO9000 standard custard caulk tubes available in the local supermarket. (26KB image) [bristolz, Sep 10 2002]

Baked. They periodically sell this turkey-baster-sized food syringe on late night infomercials. I'd find a link if I could recall the product name.
-- nick_n_uit, Sep 10 2002

I've got an aluminium food-grade injector gun that is much better than a piping bag for cake decorations etc. so I'm afraid this s Baked. Never tride it with custard though - sounds good.
-- 8th of 7, Sep 10 2002

[bris] your simple ability to draw wonderously fantastical inventions with a better knack than I makes me quite jealous.
-- kaz, Sep 10 2002

No---it comes in a tube, like caulk. That way, you just run down to your local supermarket and buy a custard cartridge and then go to the hardware store and get a caulking gun to put your custard in. Hence the category food:packaging:tube.
-- BinaryCookies, Sep 10 2002

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8th of 7, where did you get it? I have been looking for one. I have decorated cakes, and I have installed windshields. The gun works better.
-- Brackforn2, Sep 11 2002

random, halfbakery