If you're like most Americans, getting a good night's sleep is a seldom (read miraculous) occurance. Stress from work, varying weather conditions, noises, lighting conditions, etc. all affect the performance of your sleep.
With advancment in technology, you'd think that your local matress store
would have some sort of super technology to help you sleep your best, but instead you're sleeping on the same type of bed that's been around for thousands of years - a simple "cushion" that places you up off the ground and softens the foundation on which you sleep. Surely we can come up with a better sleep system than a mere mattress??
In comes the TechBed, a revolutionary sleep system that utilizes the latest and greatest of technology. Here's what the system consists of...
1. The base of the bed consists of a motorized platform that can raise your upper body - similar to those kind you see on tv for the old people
2. The bed is "enclosed" in a shell that closes over the bed to allow for adjustable lighting conditions and ablsolute temperature control via a closed loop heating/cooling system
3. Inside the bed and "chamber" are bio-feedback systems that can detect your sleeping cycles (heart rate, body temperature, etc). The chamber also insulates the sleeper from outside sounds.
Here's how the system works
1. You enter the bed and it sets itself to your ideal sleeping temperature (personal preferance)
2. The lighting adjusts from bright to darker and some calming music is available to sooth you.
3. As the light drops, the music drops too, and the system begins to monitor your sleeping cycle.
4. When it determines you've entered REM, then it all about your wakeup cycle
5. The bed gently begins to raise the temperature and increase the lighting, it also slowly begins to raise the bed platform so your head is elevated.
6. Naturally, you wake and you've had the ultimate rest!
No need to get your bedroom tempurate set "just right"
No need to close the blinds in your room when living in Alaska.
Handles "Hot Flashes" for women, by regulating body tempurature during sleep.
Temperature control system circulates air, so passing "gas" is not a problem.
No need to put ear plugs in when your kids won't quiet down.
People might feel sort of "closed in" like a coffin