h a l f b a k e r y
This would work fine, except in terms of success.
add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random
news, help, about, links, report a problem
or get an account
Please log in.
Before you can vote, you need to register.
Please log in or create an account.
Some credit cards support generating virtual credit cards
for use on dodgy sites. I propose a new type of virtual
credit card for use on phishing and similar sites:
1) Identical name and zip to owner's real card (to
discourage abuse by users).
2) $0 limit, but possibly allows holds of more
3) If a merchant tries to charge the card, the processing
fails and the merchant's reputation is penalized.
Such cards can be used in two ways:
1) If a telemarketer refuses to tell you who they are (or
you think they are lying, or if you just hate telemarketers),
pay with a fraud-report card and hurt their ability to
2) If you encounter a phishing scam which asks for your
credit card, provide a fraud-report card.
What problem does this solve:
Reporting a fraudster properly requires effort; most people
are too lazy to bother. This provides a much easier
reporting mechanism (just paste in the card).
||The bone I have supplied to this idea is not a real bone - it's purpose is to notify others of the validity of the vote intended :-)