Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Reformatted to fit your screen.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



Hole Punch Reinforcement Applier

A hole punch that reinforces the paper
  (+11, -1)(+11, -1)
(+11, -1)
  [vote for,

Recently I saw a gadjet at a store that applies reinforcements for holes in paper. It looked a bit like a stapler and had a roughly 1 inch rod with 200 little ring shaped reinforcement stickies on it, stacked with the sticky side down. You put the paper in with the hole centered, squeezed, and a reinforcement would be applied. I think that it would be nice if the three-hole-punch did this as you punched the holes by having the little puncher-heads (the things that puncture the paper) be like the rod in the reinforcement-applier and apply reinforcements when you punch it.
-----, Nov 14 2004

Illustration of holepunch that folds paper back http://www.st3f.com...akery/holepunch.jpg
Reverse side of paper shown. [st3f, Nov 14 2004, last modified Jul 05 2015]


       Or, I wonder if it would be possible to use a staple-like-idea to put a steel ring around a hole?
Ling, Nov 14 2004

       Or, like those 'stapleless staplers', instead of punching the hole out, punch out a star shape and fold the tabs back pushing them through the paper.
st3f, Nov 14 2004

       I think that would be expencive and for no need
gelie, Mar 04 2005

       expensive? I think not. I'm combining two five-dollar items.
-----, Mar 28 2005


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle