Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



Headphone Toque

an extension of the cd playing hoodie.
  [vote for,

this is pretty simple. Waterproof (for washing) earphone speakers concealed in the rim of a toque. the cord comes out the back and plugs into whatever you'd like it to. created out of vexation that my headphones don't fit snug and compromise the warth of my toque when I listen to music in cold weather, and out of voodoo721's excellent idea. see below.
schematics, Jan 18 2005

hoodie cd player Hoodies_20with_20Built_20in_20CD_20Player
the idea that was sort of the catalyst for this one [schematics, Jan 18 2005]

Canadian English http://www.cornerst...c/cdneng/cdneng.htm
"Tuque: In Canada, a tuque is a knitted woollen cap. It rhymes with kook" [robinism, Jan 18 2005]

Get yourself a pair of these http://www.gradolab...duct_pages/sr60.htm
and wear them over the hat. They will also keep your ears warm. [calum, Jan 18 2005]

The Yarmulke Bra http://www.yarmulkebra.com/
Having looked up Yarmulke, I was going to put in an explanatory link. This is better. [wagster, Jan 18 2005]

Please log in.
If you're not logged in, you can see what this page looks like, but you will not be able to add anything.


       Do you do a lot of outdoor cooking in cold weather?
bristolz, Jan 18 2005

       cooking? well sometimes, but what does that have to do with anything? I'm confused.
schematics, Jan 18 2005

       Well, I've not seen the term "toque" applied to much besides those tall, white, vaquely mushroom-shaped hats that chefs wear.   

       I know that some old-style women's hats, usually white also, were called toques but that use is fairly obsolete.   

       Also, the expression "warth" is not one I've ever encountered however from the context I assume it is somewhat equivalent to "insulation" or "insulative quality."
bristolz, Jan 18 2005

       As I understand it, toques are shaped like bowls upside down, folded over at the bottom. I think they're called beanies in the states. Cat burgulars wear them. sometimes they have a stupid looking bobble on them. usually cat burgulars forgo the stupid bobble.
schematics, Jan 18 2005

       Ah, a stocking cap! (I think of beanies as being a hat shaped like a yarmulke only a bit bigger).
bristolz, Jan 18 2005

       This kind of "toque" is a canadian thing. (see link)
robinism, Jan 18 2005

       Guys, why bother?
mensmaximus, Jan 18 2005

       they're called ear buds...
utexaspunk, Jan 18 2005

       matter of preference. I hate ear buds. they never seem to sit right, and the past couple times I've worn them in a toque it drives the bud painfully into my ear. (personally, I've never heard the chef's hat called a toque, but oh well)
schematics, Jan 19 2005


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle