Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Eureka! Keeping naked people off the streets since 1999.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



Inflatable Pen

blow in air and make your pen grow fatter
  (+8, -1)
(+8, -1)
  [vote for,

"Let me have pens about me that are fat" (apologies to Julius Caesar)
This no longer has to be a problem with the introduction of the inflatable pen. (patent pending of course)
Here's how it works:
At the top end of the pen there is a tiny valve which enables a connection via a short flexible hose to a miniature pump that comes with the pen. This causes the shaft of the pen to inflate via an airtight honeycombed structure. Releasing the valve deflates the pen to its original size.

Delux version has additional telescopic feature that allows the pen's length to be increased as well.

xenzag, Nov 19 2018

Please log in.
If you're not logged in, you can see what this page looks like, but you will not be able to add anything.
Short name, e.g., Bob's Coffee
Destination URL. E.g., https://www.coffee.com/
Description (displayed with the short name and URL.)

pocmloc, Nov 19 2018

       Sounds expansive.   

       Ah, the things MacGyver could've done with such a device...
21 Quest, Nov 20 2018

       This might actually be of practical, even commercial viability. There are already ergonomic writing implements with fat handles, for use of people whose hands have difficulty gripping onto the usual slim body. However, these fat ergonomic ones don't fit very easily into a jacket pocket or writing case. I can see that the inflatable version specified in the above idea would be very useful for such persons; slim for travel and storage but fat for use.
pocmloc, Nov 20 2018

       needs a hand pump.
po, Nov 20 2018

       Thank you sweet po. It does come with a pump. Hand pumping is sometimes taken to have an alternative meaning.
xenzag, Nov 20 2018

       hahaha, funny. He gotcha [po].
blissmiss, Nov 21 2018

       Inflatable penrose tiling   

       Inflatable penis in one's pants   

       Inflatable Penn & Teller
beanangel, Nov 22 2018

       "Is that an inflatable pen in your pocket ? ..."
FlyingToaster, Nov 22 2018

       Valves, connections, hose...
Build the pump into the top of the pen, obviously. Only needs a stroke of 30mm or so.
neutrinos_shadow, Nov 23 2018

       //At the top end of the pen there is a tiny valve which enables a connection via a short flexible hose to a miniature pump that comes with the pen//   

       sp. "The clicker is used to inflate the pen"
FlyingToaster, Nov 23 2018

       Apparently the clicking thingy is called a "thrust device" and the moving bit is the "thrust tube" or "thruster" depending who you ask.   

       Not a lot people know that.
not_morrison_rm, Nov 23 2018


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle