h a l f b a k e r y
Results not typical.
add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random
news, help, about, links, report a problem
or get an account
these boots were made for scurrying madly across the floor
From the sides of the soles protrude eight classic 'daddy long legs' multi-jointed limbs, approximately one foot long fully extended.
The basic model can be locked into many specific center-sprung positions:
- terrain enhacing...
- - snowshoe (fully splayed horizontally)
- - mudder
- - hill-climbing (like mudder except rear-facing hooks instead of spikes)
- - speed (adjusts the splay and depth for the best leg-extension spring action);
- high-fashion (fully adjustable 'platform' shoes with a variety of shapes);
- ergonomic positions (massage the feet and exercise individual muscle/groups).
The advanced model incorporates motors and sensors to add many more exciting possibilities:
- enhanced walking, jogging and running
- enhanced jumping and cushioned landing
- ghostwalk/run (stand still and the shoes scurry along)
- tree/rope climbing
- object avoidance (the sensors find the highest-density spot for each leg to land on, thus avoiding stepping on people's feet, small animals (or large animals' paws or tail) or dog-poo.
The small, hi-watt batteries can be recharged by simply walking. and the sensors allow the inside-legs to extend fully in all modes without tripping over the other shoe's legs.
Both models, when in the "off" position, curl the legs over the shoes in a variety of attractive, sandal-strap patterns.
A similar concept for tiptoeing through the landmines.
[2 fries shy of a happy meal, Oct 15 2009]
||Not Seven League Boots but Eight Legged Shoes, then ?
||Can the ends of the legs have little rubber cups connected to vacuum pump, for walking across the ceiling? Also perhaps a long retractable cord for... when you need to dangle from a long retractable cord?
||//cups//that would be the knee-length boot model, though we've been looking into 'gecko feet"
//retractable cord//excellent: I'll mention that to R&D.
||//4 pairs please//
not shoes *for* spiders...umm... hmm...