h a l f b a k e r y
Still more entertaining than cricket.
add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random
news, help, about, links, report a problem
or get an account
Please log in.
Before you can vote, you need to register.
Please log in or create an account.
these boots were made for scurrying madly across the floor
From the sides of the soles protrude eight classic 'daddy long legs' multi-jointed limbs, approximately one foot long fully extended.
The basic model can be locked into many specific center-sprung positions:
- terrain enhacing...
- - snowshoe (fully splayed horizontally)
- - mudder
- - hill-climbing (like mudder except rear-facing hooks instead of spikes)
- - speed (adjusts the splay and depth for the best leg-extension spring action);
- high-fashion (fully adjustable 'platform' shoes with a variety of shapes);
- ergonomic positions (massage the feet and exercise individual muscle/groups).
The advanced model incorporates motors and sensors to add many more exciting possibilities:
- enhanced walking, jogging and running
- enhanced jumping and cushioned landing
- ghostwalk/run (stand still and the shoes scurry along)
- tree/rope climbing
- object avoidance (the sensors find the highest-density spot for each leg to land on, thus avoiding stepping on people's feet, small animals (or large animals' paws or tail) or dog-poo.
The small, hi-watt batteries can be recharged by simply walking. and the sensors allow the inside-legs to extend fully in all modes without tripping over the other shoe's legs.
Both models, when in the "off" position, curl the legs over the shoes in a variety of attractive, sandal-strap patterns.
A similar concept for tiptoeing through the landmines.
[2 fries shy of a happy meal, Oct 15 2009]
||Not Seven League Boots but Eight Legged Shoes, then ?
||Can the ends of the legs have little rubber cups connected to vacuum pump, for walking across the ceiling? Also perhaps a long retractable cord for... when you need to dangle from a long retractable cord?
||//cups//that would be the knee-length boot model, though we've been looking into 'gecko feet"
//retractable cord//excellent: I'll mention that to R&D.
||//4 pairs please//
not shoes *for* spiders...umm... hmm...