h a l f b a k e r y
It's not a thing. It will be a thing.
add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random
news, help, about, links, report a problem
or get an account
Just got back from the bike shop, where they fixed my
battery and found that a wire inside was burned.
While fixing the battery the electrician told me that one
his clients showed him a battery and charger, and he had
found that the charger was not stopping when the
full. He gave him an extra charger, and told
him to check it out, because its dangerous. So he should
keep an eye on the battery and charger during charging.
The guy left it charging during the night in his store
of course had been burnt down by the morning. This
happened two weeks ago.
The store owner (and her insurance company) wants to
know that her charger and battery did not cause the
damage, and people want their safety and are willing to
pay a lot for it.
The following device will sell like hotcakes. One part
connects to the battery to identify it, and to confirm
our device is checking the battery's temperature. It also
will not start until it can read the batteries voltage
The identification device will also tell our safety switch
device what the expected voltage from the battery
be. According to the current voltage it puts a time limit,
well as an extra reading limit, so that it will stop the
electricity to the battery, even if the original charger
failed to do so.
A small recording of the last use will be stored in a tiny
"black box" safe from fire and water (from the fire
extinguishers"). This will be proof to the insurance
company that you had used the safety device, and the
harm did not come from the charger or battery.
||Nothing to do with breaking the knight's fall then?
||ejection saddle. hmm... :)
||a. Find a fire insurance company willing to fund the development of the device.
||B. Redesign chargers and batteries so they fail softly.
( They house design electric meters so they can only slow or stop. So it is doable. )
||c. nothing else comes to mind
||If the correct equipment is used and proper procedure (i.e.
instructions) is followed, this shouldn't happen. Sounds to me
like there was either a faulty electrical system involved, the
wrong charger was used, and/or conventional lead-acid
batteries were charged indoors (they should only be charged
outdoors with adequate ventilation to prevent buildup of
flammable/explosive gases)...something's fishy here.
||Li-ion batteries can explode and burn spectacularly, if mistreated,
||We're talking about Li-Ion. Nothing suspicious.
||The device can be moderated to serve a knight's saddle.
Upon explosion the observers may ask: "Why is this knight
different from all other knights".
||[pashute] - what kind of bike?