Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Like gliding backwards through porridge.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



rolling dishes

Slide the peas, please.
  [vote for,

Plates and cups have tiny ball bearings installed in their bottoms, allowing for convenient rolling across long tables. Teacup dishes and cups can be used to play impromptu games of "air hockey".

I tried to look for this. Really.

oatcake, May 08 2003

(?) 8 yellow dish wheels http://www.hobbypeo.../gallery/810876.asp
[Amos Kito, Oct 05 2004, last modified Oct 17 2004]


       & beer glasses. OK.pleese find a better category pleese. home: dishes? product: dish? mental: health? only kidding.
po, May 08 2003

       I like it. Perhaps some kind of kickstand arrangement for stability, in case your dinner table is a bit wonky, and you don't want the turkey to fall on the floor.
friendlyfire, May 08 2003

       home: dishes
friendlyfire, May 08 2003

       Oops, forgot about the category. Changed.
oatcake, May 08 2003

       NEAT!mind you - still think product:dish would have been better.
po, May 08 2003

       Ok, ok, you win.
oatcake, May 08 2003

       my kitchen floor is not level. this would be a disaster in my house...
urbanmatador, May 08 2003

       Some sort of mechanism similar to the clicker on a pen could be worked in. push down on the dish to free or lock it. But making it dishwasher safe might be difficult.
Zimmy, May 09 2003

       Simpler: the right kind of place-mat or trivet (e.g. quilted cotton) could work as a rolling dish parking space.
EvilHomer, May 09 2003

       Trivets is a bettr way for dishwashing. The trivet would have the wheels and the dishes could sit on that.
kamiakin, May 09 2003

       Of course, another option is to just to use an air hockey table as a dining table.
oatcake, May 09 2003

       The manufacturer recommends the installation of a small trim piece around the perimeter of your table, to stop dishes from sliding off into oblivion. Not for use on boats.
Cedar Park, May 09 2003

       Hehe, yeah I like the air hockey idea. And [UnaBubba] they're called serviettes in your part of the world, unless you happen to be in McDonalds.
RoboBust, May 09 2003

       ... in which case they're called cockroaches. Actually, they're called cockroaches in all McDonalds, all 'round the whirled.
thumbwax, May 09 2003

       Picturing these in use at sea.
DrCurry, May 09 2003

       [UnaBubba], I meant no offence, it's just that most Australians that I converse with refer to them as serviettes. You trust the French and Americans over the British when it comes to the English language?   

       I will decline your offer of English lessons, I prefer not to use Americanisms.
RoboBust, May 09 2003

       Food fight!
grecosartre, May 09 2003

       Food language fight!   

       Do Cockneys drop the "h" when they type?   

       Do Nor'easterners remove an "r" on the end of some words and put them on other ones in their email?   

       You can "lift your car's hood" or "have a hood lift your wallet".   

       I'll stick to Americanisms, as long as my spell-check works, but would invest in a lazy susan before rolling dishware!
cowtown, May 09 2003

       Honest-to-God dishes are breakable, aren't they? I don't think they'll hold up in a game of "air hockey." If these rolling dishes were sufficiently robust (perhaps made of plastic), I'd love to own some.
dstillz, May 09 2003

       Hehe, touché.
RoboBust, May 10 2003


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle