"Urban Jungle" is just a metaphor, but I want to make it real.
To make cities more jungle like I propose:
- hanging flyways: basically pieces of cable strung from window
to window of builds with those handle bar things that you
hold on to so you can slide from place to place.
buildings: buildings equipped with hand holds and
foot holds, people's doors could be on any floor.
- rubber sidewalks: for all the people that will fall due to the
- urban vines: like the hanging fly way but you swing like
tarzan to get from one place to another
- spring boards: placed all over so people can take running
laps to reach the vines, or just to get to someplace higher up
- paid buskers: the city will pay groups with a funky urban
jungle sound to hang out and play music even more than
people do already.
- fireman poles and slides: you slide down these of course.
- city falls and rivers: water falls will be added to some
buildings, rivers will replace some of the streets (I know I
know venice ... but do they have all this other stuff there?)
- urban tigers: just to add an element of danger to all this
- buses that never stop: You have to run after then and jump
on, or you can just drop down on them by hanging on a vine
where you know one will pass, they only go about 3 miles per
hour when passing stops, so this isn't hard.
- diggable buildings: some of the buildings will just be solid
lumps of a substance like clay, people can then tunnel out
their own homes like termites.