(I must fess up that someone else gave me this idea - but he doesn't post here so I will :)
With the average cost for a Nursing Home per day reaching $188.00, there is a better way when we get old & feeble. Reservations at the Holiday Inn for a combined long term stay discount and senior discount
of are $49.23 per night. That leaves $138.77 a day for:
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner in any restaurant, or room service.
* Laundry, gratuities and special TV movies. Plus, they provide a swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge, washer, dryer, etc. Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap.
* They treat you like a customer, not a patient. $5 worth of tips a day will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
* It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take your reservation today. And you are not stuck in one place forever, you can move from Inn to Inn, or even from city to city.
* Want to see Hawaii? They have a Holiday Inn there too.
* TV broken? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem. They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience.
* The Inn has a night security person and daily room service. The maid checks to see if you are ok. If not, they will call the undertaker or an ambulance.
* If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life. And no worries about visits from family. They will always be glad to find you, and probably check in for a few days mini-vacation.
* The grandkids can use the pool.
What more can you ask for?