Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Flaky rehab

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



V-wing screws

Use a tip shaped like a "V"
  [vote for,

A screwdriver tip with a V shape would not strip as easily, and would force you to use the right size of screwdriver because of the posistion of the angle. The angle can be sharp so that it doesn't make tri-wing "security screws" accessible.
clothist, Jun 02 2003

V. http://www.amazon.c...102-4426361-7524125
[Amos Kito, Oct 04 2004]

Would they be used here? http://www.hillside...ps/hangar/vwing.htm
[silverstormer, Oct 04 2004]

ScrewFix http://www.screwfix...IIQ?ts=16925&cId=42
[chud, Oct 04 2004]


       How about gull-wing screws with bits that 'flip' up to aid the twisting....especially handy for computer-cases when a screw-driver isn't handy, and you want it screwed tight.

...or X and Y wing screws for use on relevant space-fighters...
silverstormer, Jun 02 2003

       Isn't this a phillips screwdriver?   

       Excuse me, I seem to be not understanding.
st3f, Jun 02 2003

       a phillips is more of an X shape? does this replace the X with a V?
po, Jun 02 2003

       Sorry, I was looking at it from the wrong angle.
st3f, Jun 02 2003

       isn't this essentially an allen key with less sides?
yamahito, Sep 18 2003


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle