Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



digital editing stereo

a stereo where you can adjust songs.
  [vote for,

I play bass, and when i am trying to figure out how to play something really hard, it would be easier if i could slow the song down. also you could have a tiny editing system in the stereo and you could do add effects and things to the song, or speed the song up. this way, people could have their own versions of their songs, although the stereo would probalbly not have that big of a memory, and you would have to input the info. everytime you put the cd in, it would still be fun.
cods, Nov 13 2002

Enhancing Music Teaching http://www.lentine....usic%20Teaching.htm
Scroll less than halfway to: For the Practicing Musician [thumbwax, Oct 04 2004]

Marantz PMD http://search.ebay....t&query=marantz+pmd
on ebay - cheap at your own peril [thumbwax, Oct 04 2004]

CD DJ Mixer http://search.ebay....t&query=cd+dj+mixer
on ebay - less cheap at your own peril [thumbwax, Oct 04 2004]

SlowBlast® claims to do this http://www.pgmusic.com/slowblast.htm
It's a crippleware demo for what they term SlowGold®. [LoriZ, Oct 04 2004]


       cods, I believe you're referring to a stereo component, not a stereo. Marantz PMD101, PMD201, PMD221, and PMD222 do this according to a very brief search. No doubt, there's many more portable units like these.
thumbwax, Nov 13 2002

       i am refering to a stereo though ( i think), because if i have a really hard song that i would like to decipher, i have to digitally edit it on my computer, and that takes forever, then i have to burn it to a cd, then i put it in my stereo. its such a hassle. but if i can do it on my stereo, this would save time, there are also the other uses, for people who don't play instruments, like adding effects, such as echo or flange to a song, to make it sound different.
cods, Nov 13 2002

       The Digitech RP7 guitar effects unit has a feature called "Learn a lick". An outside audio source is connected to an input socket, and the unit's controls can be used to select a portion of the song, which is then played repeatedly at a user-adjustable speed, pitch being maintained throughout. If I understand the requirement correctly, this pretty much fits the first part.
angel, Nov 14 2002

       "Stereo" has become an over/mis>used, generic term. It's kind of like calling a magnum of champagne a drink (or is it the other way around?). Your CD player is a component of your stereo system. You can plug in a whole slew of your choice of components into your Auxiliary jack if that is the only (remaining) one available. If you're woiking with CDs & don't want to deal with the computer, yet want some degree of portability and control, then you'll want a CD Mixer - CD DJs can slow CDs down to 1/16th the normal speed if I'm not mistaken - and can definitely do so without changing the pitch.
thumbwax, Nov 14 2002

       That is just *too* weird.
snarfyguy, Nov 14 2002

       Let's go back to the term "Hi-Fi," I kind of like that.
bristolz, Nov 14 2002

       If I had a hi i'd have a hi-fi if I had a fi.
bristolz, Nov 14 2002


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle