Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Call Ambulance,
Rebuild Kitchen.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



valve stems

  [vote for,

With all the problems this past year with tires, how about a valve stem that changes color or whistles when tire pressure is inadequate?
ronbo, Feb 07 2001

Hummer http://www.autorevi...articles/hummer.htm
Scroll down, look for "inflation" [krelnik, Oct 04 2004, last modified Oct 21 2004]

AutoPump http://www.pressrel...june/mainpr1300.htm
Daimler-Chrysler concept vehicle [krelnik, Oct 04 2004, last modified Oct 21 2004]

TPI http://www.niradyna...se/products/tpi.htm
Tire Pressure Indicator [SystemAdmin, Oct 04 2004, last modified Oct 21 2004]

Exactly what you want http://www.tire-chek.com/
Buy this !!!! [SystemAdmin, Oct 04 2004, last modified Oct 21 2004]

Please log in.
If you're not logged in, you can see what this page looks like, but you will not be able to add anything.
Short name, e.g., Bob's Coffee
Destination URL. E.g., https://www.coffee.com/
Description (displayed with the short name and URL.)

       I have heard that the valve stems that change color are already out, if so where can I purchase them for a 1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible? Send e-mail to lvnuptial@aol.com. Thank you.
lvnuptial, Nov 17 2002

       googlewhacked.  Also, when I did a search on google with the query "color + 'valve stem'" the first result I got back was this very idea on the halfbakery.
bristolz, Nov 17 2002

       The Hummer not only can check your tire pressure on-the-fly, it can also change the inflation using an onboard compressor. (See link). Don't think you even have to get out. Probably too expensive to retrofit onto regular cars, but I bet the gauge part could be made cheap if mass produced. Apparently it is starting to filter down into SUV concept vehicles, see second link.
krelnik, Nov 17 2002

       They have valve stem covers that show the air pressure on some kind of weird colerful gauge. Ive seen them before and i couldnt quite figure it out.
gearhead13, Jul 28 2003

       The 2003 Pontiac Bonneville I rented could reset the tire pressure with the push of a button on the dash.
SystemAdmin, Jul 28 2003


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle