Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Replace "light" with "sausages" and this may work...

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



Novel theme park board with faces cut out you put your head in to take photos

One person puts their head in from the front, the other from the back...
  [vote for,

...so it looks like somebody sticking their head into the board, having a super long neck and the head coming out the other side of the board.

The artwork on the board would have the really long neck connecting the torso to the head.

Plus you would have one person's body with another person's head. Good times.

Did some searching, those boards at theme parks with the faces cut out you put your face into to take photos don't have a name. I suggest "collagitation board"? Naa, that sounds like some kind of medical torture device. Anyway, somebody needs to name these things.

doctorremulac3, Dec 12 2016

At the end https://www.youtube...watch?v=7oKPYe53h78
Cutouts !! about 3.40 [popbottle, Dec 12 2016, last modified Dec 16 2016]

Lustigergesichtsaustauschtafel https://translate.g...ichtsaustauschtafel
[hippo, Dec 13 2016]

Please log in.
If you're not logged in, you can see what this page looks like, but you will not be able to add anything.
Short name, e.g., Bob's Coffee
Destination URL. E.g., https://www.coffee.com/
Description (displayed with the short name and URL.)

       In England (where we have proper words for everything), they are known as Gilbert screens (or simply Gilberts), after J.W. Gilbert, a fairgroundsman who claimed to have invented them.   

       Strangely, the idea of photographing the customers only came much later - to begin with, it was considered sufficient amusement just to let people look.
MaxwellBuchanan, Dec 12 2016

       Gilberts you say.   

       Ok, I'll have to update the associated idea where I suggested naming things that don't have names.   

       How about "Gillboards"? Gives the guy credit and sounds a little more fun and less formal.   

       Anyway, I'll look for other things that don't have names.
doctorremulac3, Dec 12 2016

       By the way, there's another incredibly rude, very bad taste version of this you could do.   

       I won't even post it. If you figure it out, shame on you.
doctorremulac3, Dec 12 2016

       //...they are known as Gilbert screens (or simply Gilberts), after J.W. Gilbert, a fairgroundsman who claimed to have invented them. //   

       The internet does not corroborate your claim.
Loris, Dec 12 2016

       //The internet does not corroborate your claim.//   

       It's OK. You can't go blaming the internet for not knowing everything - it's only young.
MaxwellBuchanan, Dec 12 2016

       Incidentally, [doc], one place to start would be with things that have names in other languages but (astonishingly) not in English. Schadenfreude, for instance, or hygge.
MaxwellBuchanan, Dec 12 2016

       Schadenfreude has caught on in a big way in the states. Great word loaded with chunky deep psychological implication goodness and coated in a crispy, harsh Germanic tone.   

       The English word for "hygge" would be "drunk" no?
doctorremulac3, Dec 12 2016

       //The English word for "hygge" would be "drunk" no?//   

       Not quite. Hygge (according to the Danish part of the internet) is a word for a sort of friendly, matey, being-with-people sort of goodness. I think the fact that it's so difficult to describe means that we need a word for it.
MaxwellBuchanan, Dec 13 2016

       My Danish friends translate hygge as cosy/cosiness.
Gordon Comstock, Dec 13 2016

       They're really called Lustigergesichtsaustauschtafel (see link)
hippo, Dec 13 2016

       Ah but, [hippo], that word is only possible because Germans cheat by taking all the spaces out of a sentence. This custom arose only in about 1500, thanks to the popularity of the printing press and the fact that most of the blank letters were melted down to make musket balls.
MaxwellBuchanan, Dec 13 2016

       Very true, [Max], but given that the metal letters in a moveable type printing press are a standard size, it would have been more sensible to modify guns to shoot these. If all the letters (not just spaces) were used for this, it could have been an important tool to (literally) impress upon your enemy your propaganda messages.
hippo, Dec 13 2016


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle