Problem: how do you objectively measure a voip
Solution: play the telephone game.
1) system A tells system B a random word
2) system B records what it heard and tells it back to
3) system A records what it heard and tells it back to
loop 2) until a pre-determined max iterations
5) let human being listen to each iteration (from worst
6) once a human can accurately make out what was said
The iteration number is the TGQM.
TGQM=0 horrible unusable
TGQM=1 barely usable
TGQM=1000 as crystal clear as it gets
(optional) instead of relying on human in the loop, a
recognition module can do this. HTGQM (human TGQM)