Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a rich, flaky crust

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



The Skooe

...on land, on snow, on tile...
  (+10, -2)(+10, -2)
(+10, -2)
  [vote for,

A normal shoe has a bottom which is formed into a tread-like pattern in some sort of rubber or plastic for traction.

The Skooe's sole, however, is made mostly of rubber, but on the area of the sole just beneath the toes and balls of feet, it has a small section where there is no rubber and in its' place, a part of a ski or snowboard. This allows the runner to be sprinting along a hallway, as he or she would normally do, then when reaching his/her maximum, speed, rest all of his/her weight on the ski part of the Skooe. The runner would slide gracefully on the Skooe's highly polished surface.

This would also be effective on wet tile, carpeting, snow, and ice.

jellydoughnut, Oct 14 2005

Soaps shoes info http://www.mtbz.com...soap_shoes_info.htm
[PollyNo9, Oct 15 2005]

Heelys http://www.heelys.com/
Why slide? The friction is much less when you use a wheel. [Cedar Park, Oct 17 2005]


       Had something like these in the states for a while, called soaps. They were kind of the oppisite of what you are describing they had regualr grip at the toe and heel but the instep was a slick plastic. You could grind down rails on them. Popular with boys. Wonder if there is a website... Yep there's a website. But I still won't say its Widely Known to Exist.
PollyNo9, Oct 15 2005

       The instep?! As in the top of the foot? Grinding? Ow.
jellydoughnut, Oct 15 2005

       I'm more of a slider than a grinder, so it's Skooes over Soaps for me. [+]
wagster, Oct 15 2005

       Could also be used for the noble sport of "Caution: Wet Floor" sign jumping. See main index under "sport."
jellydoughnut, Oct 15 2005


       Ok, I'll be nice now as I voted for both of these ideas.
wagster, Oct 15 2005

       Okay fine, I admit it, I couldn't remember the parts of the feet. I meant arches. The underneath part of the foot that curves. :)
PollyNo9, Oct 15 2005

       So what's an instep then?
wagster, Oct 15 2005

       I believe it's the over part of the foot, that curves. As in you can get arch support, and it is painful to have your instep stepped on.
PollyNo9, Oct 15 2005

jellydoughnut, Oct 16 2005

       Twelve inches.   

       and this little piggy went wheee, whee, whee, all the way home....
po, Oct 16 2005

       //So whats the top surface of a foot called, then?//   

       The instep.
jellydoughnut, Oct 16 2005

       So what's the instep again?
Texticle, Oct 16 2005

       That bit just under the tongue of your skooe.
wagster, Oct 16 2005

       The instep is the located near the small of the back.
jellydoughnut, Oct 17 2005

       The innstep is across the pub doorway.
angel, Oct 18 2005


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle