Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
What was the question again?

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.

user:
pass:
register,


                   

Treatment for Coronavirus - a long shot

  (+1)
(+1)
  [vote for,
against]

Go find the animals which are already to immune to the Coronavirus, work out which bit of their immune system is bit you need and give it a go.
not_morrison_rm, Feb 22 2020

One of the Gilead antivirals may be effective https://www.fierceb...ficacy-starts-trial
[theircompetitor, Feb 24 2020]

[link]






       Oddly, if this Coronavirus is anything like flu in its effects, it may well be your immune system that kills you. Over- reaction to infection can be as fatal as underreaction.
MaxwellBuchanan, Feb 22 2020
  

       Most effective treatment: "Stay at home, take plain fluids and paracetamol, keep comfortable, wait for it to go away".   

       This works in 98% of cases. The other 2% die, but that happens with lots of other viruses and isn't statistically significant.
8th of 7, Feb 22 2020
  

       MB, I did not know that but it makes sense. The people I know that use sanitizer like water and are germ-a-phobes are usually sick all the time.
blissmiss, Feb 22 2020
  

       Water is an excellent sanitizer. Sunlight is even better.
Voice, Feb 22 2020
  

       A blend of gamma radiation and fast neutrons is cheap and highly effective.
8th of 7, Feb 22 2020
  

       ...just wondering...how is Sturton?   

       As to the rumour that he is patient zero...Sadly, I am not surprised.
not_morrison_rm, Feb 24 2020
  

       Due to his characteristic impatience, bad temper, and competition with his siblings, he got himself "promoted" to being Patient -1, although Impatient -1 might be a better description.
8th of 7, Feb 24 2020
  

       If you have antirats and the virus it does not follow that you will get antivirus and rats.
pashute, Mar 31 2020
  
      
[annotate]
  


 

back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle