Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Crust or bust.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



Word Scanner

A tool that copies text from a written document directly onto a word processing file-
  [vote for,

You're reading a summer reading book and you need to copy quotes into the computer to create a table. You're bored, and sick of constantly highlighting, and then copying the text into the computer. Your scanner doesn't put the text into a usable form. You could use a Word Scanner. This handy little pen shaped scanner, would be used like a highlighter over the text that needed to be copied. It would save the text, and when hooked up to a computer would directly copy the words into the computer. Quick, simple, affordable, and easy. No more tedious quote typing for you!
sumidog123, Aug 16 2002

Like this? http://www.maplin.c...eImages/25682i0.jpg
I have one of these. Works precisely as described. £30. ($45 US, $90 AUS) [angel, Aug 16 2002, last modified Oct 04 2004]

Manufacturer's site for the above item http://www.pocketreader.com/
[angel, Aug 16 2002, last modified Oct 21 2004]


       OCR scanner, maybe? Hmm..
Mr Burns, Aug 16 2002

       These pen-like OCR scanners exist. My father-in-law, who has become a Chelsea Pensioner, bought one.
Aristotle, Aug 16 2002

       PocketReader is no longer available - at Manufacturer's site, anyway. I could *really* use something like this.
thumbwax, Aug 16 2002

       Maplin still list it (my first link); failing that, there's the C-Pen (Ithink), which is a lot more expensive.
angel, Aug 19 2002


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle