Half a croissant, on a plate, with a sign in front of it saying '50c'
h a l f b a k e r y
Inexact change.

idea: add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random

meta: news, help, about, links, report a problem

account: browse anonymously, or get an account and write.



pill divider decors

hmos sometimes divide pills to provide fiscal value; there are tricky pill shapes; this is just a template to make peculiar shaped pills dividable with right dosage
  [vote for,

depending on medical coverage hmos will prescribe high dose yet dividable pills; these save a lot of funds

there are non as well as less dividable pill shapes though; the idea here is just a glue on thing like a cake decor that the pharmacists mechanism or the person uses to accurately divide the pill

beanangel, Jun 08 2008

this looks like a cake-decorator pill cutter... http://www.strangen...-pill-splitter.html
[xandram, Jun 09 2008]


       ... what ?
FlyingToaster, Jun 08 2008

       "a glue on thing like a cake decor"
phoenix, Jun 08 2008

       He means a gadget to cut pills into halves (or other fractions). Sounds surprisingly sane to me. I'm voting neutral but, under the circumstances, I think that this should be considered as a +.
MaxwellBuchanan, Jun 08 2008

       Yes, but pill cutters exist. There seems to be some innovation here that makes it suitable for oddly shaped (or otherwise hard to split) pills, but I can't figure out what it is.
phoenix, Jun 09 2008

       What circumstances? That this guy may be taking too much medication?   

       Ok, the decor analogy is just downright bananas, but if you really just want pill dividers that handle footballs and triangles and what not, then can't you just say so? And if that's just too simple to state, then can you leave the idea alone and move on? Maybe not. Hey, I know it as well as anyone that it's tempting to turn every idea in your head into a post, but I believe progress comes when one holds back on this tendency.
daseva, Jun 09 2008

       so why aren't pills spheres ?
FlyingToaster, Jun 09 2008

       Technically, what you're discussing here is "tablets" (formed by compression in a press) rather than "pills" (which are formed by rolling).   

       [FT] is correct; true pills are spehrical or ovoid. It's tablets that come in a range of shapes, with break lines.
8th of 7, Jun 09 2008


back: main index

business  computer  culture  fashion  food  halfbakery  home  other  product  public  science  sport  vehicle