h a l f b a k e r y
Experiencing technical difficulties since 1999
add, search, annotate, link, view, overview, recent, by name, random
news, help, about, links, report a problem
or get an account
Universal Beehive Cell-like Capsule-Hotel-like Car Connectable into Buildings and Spaces
Tagline: Create a framework that can interconnect like beehive cells into
functional structures, and profit :)
This would be a beehive cell-like lightweight universal structure that can
easily replace its
wheels with any thing --
propellers, robotic arms, rocket engines, hooks
for riding a mountain
elevator, etc. It would
be a versatile structure that
lets human body be serviced/repaired in semi-automated ways, by going
The air inside would be filtered, and the capsules could refill with food
packages of diverse
kind. All that people who live in
these capsules would need, is water and electricity supply.
No ordinary buildings, no ordinary cars. Office, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom
more in one.
(1) Transparent ceiling, so we can see the stars at night,
(2) Special doors to connect other capsules to form more space,
(3) Wheels, so we can drive it like a car
(4) A weight mechanism, so we can change the position of the capsule (for
retracting the wheels) (upright or
horizontal), and use clean windows to become city navigators, with fresh
filtered air, and
driving like a Segway,
(5) Expandable table to become an office,
(6) Hydrophobic nanoparticle surfaces to keep the interior dry, so we can
(7) Air conditioning and air filtration,
(8) Waterproofness, so we can use it as a boat or submarine through a lake
(9) Robotic arms and tools mounting system, so we can do extra field work
dangerous, particularly delicate)
(10) Standard interface to get enough water and electricity to link with the
refuel stations or autonomously pump from natural
deposits like lakes,
(11) Wireless and satellite Internet comms to keep connected
(12) Aerogel insulators for walls, which can adapt to extreme environments,
such as the
(13) Special exercise pedals, so travelers can exercise to maintain health,
(14) Glass embedded with liquid crystals, so people can protect their
privacy by changing
the polarity of the current to
make the glass opaque.
(15) Dehydrated food storage that can provide nutrients such as meat,
coffee, etc., that
can be supplemented when
passing through a refuel station
(16) Stackable parking systems in the cities of the elevator track, to get
capsules be hung
on the sky-scraper
(17) Integrated sensors that can automatically monitor people's health and
drive to the nearest hospital or
reduce distance to it based on health risk,
(18) Special tunnels with medical services
(19) Embedded emergency cryogenic coolant to reduce the probability of
automated hypothermia or
(20) Air, water and food quality control to avoid the spread of diseases.
The idea is to address the following rather broadly found problems:
- Enabling people to work anytime anywhere
- Ensuring people's micro-climate and mobility
- Dealing with runaway climate change, even if it happens
- Ensuring that people don't get bitten by mosquitoes and infected by
- Avoiding widespread serious pandemic
- Reducing risk from gamma ray bursts. (so we can just dive to live in the
otherwise be okay in UV).
- Not dying without a fight.
YouTube - Video on it.
[Mindey, Mar 28 2020]
The HiveCell Project. Have to get it done, or tell me why not. [Mindey, Mar 28 2020]
It worked for Neo...
...but no room for the keg, fridge or gun cabinet. [whatrock, Mar 29 2020]
||Interesting for environments where you can't leave an enclosure, such as space, underwater, inhabitable atmospheres but if you can, what would the design pressure be for such collectivism?, when individual solutions maybe be more apt. An ulterior motivated Skynet sliding in under the radar?
||Most definitely not, but I'd love to know [beanangel].
||21, could be Vernon as well.
||[yamahito] once suspected me to be [Vernon]'s Japanese relative, due to
propensity for long ideas in the past. Who knows, maybe 21 is Vernon.
||Me now has two outrageously realistic ideas -- applying linguistic
similarity analysis to all annos to determine who is likely to be whom, as
well as using LSTM neural net on all previous annos as a training set... to
make guesses as to what would [MaxwellBuchanan], or [Jinbish], or
[bristolz], or others who had fallen behind the event horizon (the "moment
of now"), say to newly posted ideas.
||That sounds like a damn fine idea.
||It's a variation on the old adage of "Ask yourself. what would Batman*/The Doctor**/Sherlock Holmes***/Captain Kirk**** do ?" but would be both interesting and amusing.
**It involves a sonic screwdriver and some improvisational engineering.
***Smoke a pipe and play the violin, and/or an elaborate disguise.
****Try to strike up a conversation, then start a fist-fight.
||[whatrock], a difference from Neo in the Matrix, is that he had not had
the autonomy with that cell he spent first part of his life... and, of course,
many other features weren't present.
||I want an RV that does all that, but it would cost too much.
||// I want an RV that does all that, but it would cost too much.
||Humanity had afforded supercomputers in everyone's pockets,... If we
think in terms
of supply chains, and re-usability of parts for multiple product lines, the
low price point could be achieved...
||// it would cost too much. //
||Presumably you already spend money on most or all the services and facilities it would provide.
||"What would be the difference in cost" is the relevant question, shirley ?
||This reminds me of the escapist fantasies of childhood, so
||// This reminds me of the escapist fantasies of childhood, so [+].
||Like, being out in the fun zone all the time, moving, to new geographic
domains, and communicating with fellow explorers of the road-less
||Like, bringing all other sentient species in the Galaxy under your ruthless domination ?
||// Like, bringing all other sentient species in the Galaxy under your
ruthless domination ?
||Well, just imagining possible futures for real estate industry, and